Lynda B.M. Ellis, Ph.D.
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology
Brandeis University, 1971, Ph.D.
612-625-9122 - office
Bioinformatics, computational biology
Dr. Ellis focuses on developing bioinformatics tools that support the work of life science colleagues. With biochemist Larry Wackett, Dr. Ellis has developed an innovative microbial biotechnology database on the World Wide Web: The University of Minnesota Biocatalysis/Biodegradation Database. She develops bioinformatic databases and selects target for vertebrate functional genomics with developmental biologists Stephen Ekker and Scott Fahrenkrug.
Dr. Ellis is member of the Bioinformatics, Health Informatics, Microbial Engineering, and Microbiology, Immunology, and Cancer Biology (MICaB) graduate programs, coordinates the Bioinformatics Journal Club and the Health Informatics Seminar, teaches a Biocatalysis and Biodegradation course completely over the Internet for Microbial Engineering, and teaches a Protein Sequence Analysis course in the MICaB graduate program.
Selected Recent Publications:
- Ellis, Lynda B.M., Roe, David, and Wackett, Lawrence P. (2006) The University of Minnesota Biocatalysis/Biodegradation Database: The First Decade. Nucleic Acids Research, 34:D517-D521. Abstract Full Text
- Klee, Eric W., Ellis, Lynda B.M. (2005) Evaluating Eukaryotic Secreted Protein Prediction. BMC Bioinformatics, 6:256. Abstract Full Text
- Klee, Eric W., Shim, Kyong Jin, Pickert, Michael, Ekker, Stephen C., Ellis, Lynda B.M. (2005) AMOD: A morpholino oligonucleotide selection tool. Nucleic Acids Research, 33: W506-W511. Abstract Full Text
- Klee, Eric W., Carlson, Dan, Fahrenkrug, Scott C., Ekker, Stephen C., Ellis, Lynda B.M. (2004) Identifying Secretomes in People, Pufferfish and Pigs. Nucleic Acids Research, 32: 1414-1421. Abstract Full Text
- Hou, Bo Kyeng, Ellis, Lynda BM, Wackett, Lawrence P. (2004) Encoding microbial metabolic logic: predicting biodegradation. J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol., 31:261-72. Abstract Full Text
- Nadershanhi, A., Fahrenkrug, S.C., and Ellis, L.B.M. (2004) Comparison of Computational Methods for Identifying Translation Initiation Sites in EST Data. BMC Bioinformatics, 5:14. Abstract Full Text
- Wackett, L.P., Dodge, A.G., and Ellis, L.B.M. (2004) Microbial Genomics and the Periodic Table. (minireview) Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 70: 647-655. Abstract Full Text
Search PubMed for Ellis LB and Minnesota
Last updated: October 31, 2005